BlueSkye Tactical Navigator™ program
The BlueSkye Tactical Navigator program (“Navigator”) is a non-discretionary investment program sponsored and managed by BlueSkye. Navigator is an actively managed group of models that offer broad market exposure, consistent rebalancing and appropriate risk profiles for most clients. The client, with support from the investment adviser representative, chooses which model allocation best meets the client’s needs. The adviser is then tasked with managing the allocation based upon the client’s risk tolerances, goals and objectives, timeline, age and percent of represented investable assets.
All trading decisions are based on a proprietary algorithm that uses moving averages and momentum indicators to maintain each portfolio’s investment strategy over 18 to 36 months. This means that Navigator portfolios are managed on a shorter timeline with a careful consideration for avoiding major downturns in the broader market. Additionally, security selection is typically going to be broad-based, non-leveraged Exchange Traded Funds (“ETF”), but also may include stocks, closed-end funds and mutual funds to meet portfolio objectives.
Navigator models are as follows:
- BlueSkye Conservative Income – seeks to provide primarily income, with a focus on long-term preservation of capital; 10% Stocks, 90% Fixed Income
- BlueSkye Growth and Income – seeks to provide primarily growth, with income and a relatively low level of volatility; 50% Stocks, 50% Fixed Income
- BlueSkye Moderate Growth – seeks to provide growth of capital, where capital growth takes precedence over the reduction of volatility; 60% Stocks, 40% Fixed Income
- BlueSkye Aggressive Growth – seeks to provide growth of capital through exposure to investment across multiple equity asset classes. The aggressive growth Portfolio is anticipated to be the riskiest of the Portfolios available for investing through the Navigator Program. Clients invested in this Portfolio should expect greater volatility and more aggressive risk return characteristics; 90% Stocks, 10% Fixed Income
BlueSkye Tactical Manager™ program
The BlueSkye Tactical Manager™ program (“BTM”) is an investment program sponsored and managed by BlueSkye. BTM is a tactically managed group of models where BlueSkye is acting as discretionary portfolio manager on behalf of the client. All trading decisions are based on a proprietary algorithm that uses moving averages and momentum indicators to maintain each portfolio’s investment strategy over 12 to 24 months. This means that BTM portfolios are managed on a shorter timeline with a careful consideration for avoiding major downturns in the broader market.
Additionally, security selection will be broad-based, non-leveraged Exchange Traded Funds (“ETF”), but also may include closed-end funds, stocks, bonds, UITs and options to meet portfolio objectives.
The BTM program is also considered an “unconstrained” allocation, which means that the models may be over-weight in any one sector, security or asset class for extended periods of time. It is not uncommon for BTM portfolio managers to be 100% allocated to fixed income or equities within the same month. Consequently, this program is considered moderate risk to high risk, with commensurate growth objectives.
- BlueSkye Absolute Return –seeks to provide growth of capital through investment exposure to several equity classes and alternative assets. The Absolute Return portfolio is typically unconstrained and may oscillate between heavy and low cash positions. The portfolio is acceptable for investors that are able to assume at least moderate levels of volatility over time.
- BlueSkye Blended Equity – seeks to provide growth of capital through investment exposure to several asset classes. The portfolio is managed tactically with a core-satellite approach to portfolio construction. This means that a majority of the assets will be allocated to mid- and large-cap stocks that produce dividends, while the remaining portfolio will have exposure to cash, alternative assets and blended-cap growth stocks. ETFs may also be used to augment dividend harvesting or growth components of the portfolio. This portfolio is appropriate for investors with at least a moderate risk tolerance.
- BlueSkye US Sector ETF – seeks to provide growth of capital through exposure to broad-based ETFs that are either stock index or bond indexed securities. The portfolio is considered unconstrained and may be allocated to 100% stocks or 100% fixed income during any time frame. All ETFs in the portfolio will represent United States specific sectors.
- BlueSkye Global ETF – seeks to provide growth of capital through exposure to broad-based ETFs that are either stock index or bond indexed securities. The portfolio is considered unconstrained and may be allocated to 100% stocks or 100% fixed income during any time frame. All ETFs in the portfolio will hold securities of global economies and specific countries, without U.S. exposure.
BlueSkye Advisor Choice™ program
BlueSkye Advisor Choice™ is an investing program sponsored by BlueSkye that was specifically designed to allow investment adviser representatives (“IAR”) of BlueSkye to work with their clients to identify potential third-party portfolio managers that offer allocations and strategies that BlueSkye does not offer. When screening potential third-party portfolio managers, we look for very specific criteria in order to determine suitability within our Wrap Program.
Some of the criteria include:
- Asset class and strategy managed by the Portfolio Manager
- Performance of Portfolio Manager over the 3, 5 and 10 year history
- Assets under management and fee structure
- Multi-manager or single manager approach to Portfolio Management
- Average tenure of Portfolio Manager and educational background
- Custodian and liquidity rules
The aforementioned criteria are not exhaustive in scope of due diligence, but is representative of the kind of information that BlueSkye gathers during its evaluation of third-party portfolio managers. BlueSkye is actively looking for portfolio managers who may provide non-correlated, or negatively correlated, strategies to provide diversification and overall portfolio Alpha for clients of BlueSkye.